2021 Epic Seven World Arena Championship Rules
- [1.1] The preliminaries, main matches, and finals in the Epic Seven World Arena Championship (hereinafter referred to as “E7WC”) will take place according to the following instructions and rules.
- [1.2] All players participating in E7WC (hereinafter referred to as “players”) shall comply with the rules to participate in the championship.
- [1.3] Affairs that are not prescribed in the rules shall be processed according to Smilegate Megaport's (hereinafter referred to as “the organizer”) decisions.
- [1.4] The organizer may add and apply new rules depending on the circumstances.
2. Application and Version
- [2.1] Matches will be carried out based on the latest version of Epic Seven. If there are any app updates during E7WC, matches shall be carried out on the latest updated version.
- [2.2] If there may be a necessity to use additional tools provided by the organizer, players shall use them and follow the instructions.
3. Registration and Qualification
- [3.1] Player registration shall be done only via the E7WC official website and, registration requests may not be counted if the requests contain invalid information.
- [3.2] Players must be over 18 and use their own names when registering and participating.
- [3.3] Players will be selected for the preliminaries according to the conditions announced on the official E7WC website. Players will be notified of the confirmation of registration via an email. If there are players who are not reachable via the contacts provided, their entries may be withdrawn.
- [3.4] Players may remain well-acquainted with E7WC rules and related announcements at all times and the organizer will not be responsible for any issues caused by ignorance. All announcements related to E7WC will be shared via announcements and on the E7WC Discord channel.
- [3.5] Players should be able to access the game on their match day using the account they registered with. Players whose account has been restricted and players who have lost their passwords may not able to participate in E7WC.
- [3.6] Players should keep their devices fully functional in order to prevent any issues when participating in matches. If there are issues caused by devices, the organizer will not be responsible.
- [3.7] Players ought to follow the organizer and officials’ instructions in order to facilitate the broadcasting and progress of events.
- [3.8] Note that penalties such as account restrictions, entry withdrawal, entry elimination, and confiscation of prizes may be made in cases where a player is found to have conducted an action that is in violation of Epic Seven's policy or infringed upon the rights of others by using hateful language, profanity or defamation of others.
- [3.9] Entries may not be counted if a nickname contains insulting or inappropriate language.
- [3.10] Players shall not expose any conversation (contents of regular conversation, appeals, etc.) regarding E7WC between players and the organizer to the public without a written agreement from the organizer. In cases where a player has exposed such materials without a mutual agreement, their entry may be restricted.
- [3.11] Personally streaming matches while participating in the match is not allowed.
- [3.12] Players who are not legally able to participate in revenue-generating activities or e-sport cannot participate in E7WC.
- [3.13] Players shall not participate in E7WC using multiple accounts. In cases where a player violates the rule, their entry may be restricted.
- [3.14] Accounts created in the Japan server cannot be used in E7WC.
- [4.1] E7WC's match rules are based on the Epic Seven World Arena rules. Each round in E7WC includes 2 Pre-Bans. Players will be kept blind while selecting Heroes for Pre-Ban.
- [4.2] E7WC includes preliminaries, main matches, and finals.
- [4.3] E7WC will take place from April 1 until May 30. All Heroes, Artifacts, and Exclusive Equipment newly introduced in the game during the event period will remain unavailable for the preliminaries, main matches, and finals.
- [4.4] The details of balance adjustments in May will be announced on April 30 and will be applied to the game on May 13. Therefore, the final matches, scheduled for May 30, will be carried out based on the version of Epic Seven including the balance adjustments. (The organizer ought to inform the players of changes in the update schedule in advance if needed.)
- [4.5] Preliminaries
- [4.5.1] Preliminaries will be carried out by separating players from Korea, Global, Europe, and Asia servers, and the results will determine the players from each server who are to advance to the main matches. (4 players from each server will advance to the main matches.)
- [4.5.2] All matches follow ‘two wins out of three,’ and a single-elimination system. (BO3)
- [4.5.3] Among all entries, 16 players will be selected based on their final rankings in the World Arena Ardor Season. The tournament table will be determined as follows.
- [4.5.4] The players on top of their opponents in the tournament table will take the first turn for First Pick in each round. The order of First Pick for the last round of each match will be randomized.
- [4.5.5] According to the match results, a total of 16 players - 4 players from each server- advance to the main matches.
- [4.6] Main Matches
- [4.6.1] Main matches will be carried out in 4 groups, Group A, B, C, and D. According to the match results, a total of 8 players -2 players from each group- will advance to the finals.
- [4.6.2] All matches follow ‘two wins out of three,’ and a double-elimination system. (BO3)
- [4.6.3] The tournament table for main matches will be randomly determined by drawing. The details are as follows.
- Server seeds are evenly assigned to each group. Players will be assigned to seeds by drawing balls from 4 player pools sorted by servers.
- The progress of the draw will be shared in real-time on the Discord channel.
- [4.6.4] The players on top of their opponents in the tournament table will take the first turn for First Pick in each round. The order of First Pick for the last round of each match will be randomized.
- [4.6.5] The winners from each group will advance to the finals in the winner's bracket.
- [4.6.6] Main matches follow the double-elimination system, and players who are defeated even once will be included in the losing group and get another chance to advance to the finals in the loser's bracket.
- [4.8] Finals
- [4.7.1] Finals follow the single-elimination system, and matches, except for the very last match, will follow the ‘two wins out of three’ system. The last match follows the ‘three wins out of five’ system.
- [4.7.2] The tournament table for the finals will be determined as follows.
- [4.7.3] The players on top of their opponents in the tournament table will take the first turn for First Pick in each round. The order of First Pick for the last round of each match will be randomized.
5. Matches and Judging Criteria
- [5.1] Players are strongly recommended to log into the game and the Discord channel at least 30 minutes prior to the instructed schedule of each match.
- [5.1.1] In cases where a player fails to enter the match earlier than 10 minutes prior to the beginning of his/her first match of the day will forfeit the first round of the first match.
- [5.1.2] In cases where a player fails to log into the game on time, the player will forfeit the entire match.
- [5.1.3] In cases where a player stays absent from the game for long after logging into the game, resulting in delaying a match, penalties including disqualification may be made. Players are responsible for informing the organizer of issues possibly hindering the progress of the event.
- [5.2] Players are not allowed to swap Equipment between rounds of a match. (Swapping Equipment between rounds in “two out of three” and “three out of five” matches is not allowed.)
- [5.2.1] Swapping Equipment is allowed only between matches. Players shall enter their matches at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled match times. In cases where a player fails to log into the game on time, the player may receive a penalty.
- [5.2.2] In cases where a player leaves their Mock Battles without the organizer's permission or is found to have changed Equipment, the player may receive a penalty according to the organizer's decision.
- [5.3] Players are responsible for maintaining a stable connection. The organizer will not be responsible for any issues caused by a players’ personal devices or connection.
- [5.3.1] In cases where a match has been disrupted by devices, network issues, or natural disasters on the player’s side, the player is responsible for informing the organizer of the issues via Discord and reconnecting to the game. If the player is not able to reconnect to the game within 10 minutes or disconnection repeatedly occurs more than 3 times after reconnecting to the game, the player will forfeit the match according to the organizer's decision. As each player connects to the game via personal devices and networking services, players are responsible for disconnection issues.
- [5.4] In cases where a match has been disrupted by devices, network issues, or natural disasters on the organizer’s side, the organizer will decide the result of the match or if a rematch is required, and the involved players ought to comply with the decision.
- [5.4.1] In cases where a rematch is held, the rematch will be held with the same Pre-Ban and First Pick results as the original match. If the organizer decides that a whole rematch is required, the involved players may be able to form new teams for the match.
- [5.5] The rules are subject to change based on the organizer's decisions and affairs that are not prescribed in the rules shall be processed according to the organizer's decisions. Players ought to comply with the organizer's decisions.
- [5.6] The organizer shall announce on Discord in advance if the rules have changed.
6. Copyrights and Other
- [6.1] All matches will be either aired or recorded.
- [6.1.1] The preliminary matches will not be aired but recorded. The videos will be published on the official website prior to the beginning of the main matches.
- [6.1.2] Main matches and finals will be aired via the official channel and the recorded videos will be published on the official website.
- [6.2] Players’ profiles, gameplay footage, battle logs, Hero-pick logs may be introduced on-air or/and the official website.
- [6.3] Interviews may be conducted with the prize winners on Discord.
- [6.4] All copyrights of E7WC belong to the organizer. The copyrights include the sub-rights as follows. The organizer has rights to produce secondary products such as on/offline promotion materials, VOD, etc regarding Epic Seven. All players participating in E7WC are considered to have agreed upon the following items.
- The organizer's rights to use pictures and videos produced during E7WC.
- Providing portrait rights of themselves to the organizer
- The organizer's rights to produce videos during E7WC and publish them.
- [7.1] Detailed information for prizes in E7WC will be announced in a separate notice. The prize winners must claim their prizes themselves.
- [7.2] Prizes will be rewarded in the currencies announced. Local taxes and additional taxes imposed on prizes are at each prize claimer's expense. Prize winners will be required to provide their bank account information and other personal information to claim their prizes. The required information will only be used to facilitate providing prizes.
- [7.3] Prizes rewarded to players who have participated in E7WC using illegal means will be redeemed and their championship records will be deleted.
8. Governing Law and Jurisdiction of Litigation
- [8.1] E7WC rules are subject to Korean law.
- [8.2] In cases where a dispute occurs as for E7WC rules, both parties ought to try to reach an agreement. If legal action is unavoidable, the lawsuit will be taken care of by the Korean competent court of the first instance.